Private-pay home care can be the perfect supplement to hospice services! Patients receiving hospice care have individual, unique needs. The goal of CareTeam is to meet those needs by providing excellent, attentive care to our hospice patients, ensuring that they are as comfortable in their own homes, regardless of their illness. Some areas where Private-pay home care can help you and your patients:
(1) Reduce Hospitalizations That Disrupt Your Service
- Help keep your patients safely at home – We can act as your eyes and ears while your nurses are not visiting the patient. Having someone else in the home with an elderly patient has proven to help decrease falls and other injuries that may occur if they were left alone. We’ll be there as an added safeguard to keep them safe and comfortable, and minimize in-home accidents.
(2) Security for the Client, Peace of Mind for the Family
CareTeam can be in the home at any scheduled time, even when you cannot be. This ensures peace of mind to family members that their loved one will never be left alone.
- Services can be scheduled from as little as 4 hour shifts to 24/7 care
- Medication setup and reminders
- Hospital and respite sitting available
- We will never overstep our boundaries as a supplemental care provider to your hospice services, and will work with your nursing staff to ensure we are complementing, not competing with, the overall needs of the patient.
(3) Highly-Skilled and Carefully Selected Caregivers
CareTeam takes the caregiver hiring process very seriously. Because we use certified caregivers, you can trust that you will receive accurate reporting regarding patient status or changes!
- Diligent Screening – We perform extensive interviews, reference checks, state licensing checks, criminal history checks, licensing checks, and misconduct registry checks to ensure that our clients receive the highest quality of care and service.
- Employee Injury Benefit Plan – Our employees are covered by CareTeam’s Employee Injury Benefit Plan. We are insured and bonded, and we assume all of the risk of a caregiver injury in the home.
(4) Therapeutic Care Services
We can aide in creating a positive atmosphere. Some therapeutic services include:
- Post-chemotherapy/radiation therapy support and assistance
- Assistance with exercise regimen to reduce depression and anxiety while increasing stamina
- Relaxation and breathing exercises to reduce stress
- Social support through one-on-one interaction
- Emotional support through activities that divert negative feelings
- Specialized Disease Management programs for patients with cancer or other chronic diseases
(5) YES Your Patients Can Afford Our Services!
- As a licensed home care provider, our services are often covered by a patient’s health or long-term care insurance, VA benefits, and other payor sources. (Click here for more details.)
- Often a family member will be paying for our services, and for the simple peace of mind that their love one is being cared for, our fees are quite affordable.
- We work with the client to create a schedule that balances their needs with their budget. CareTeam offers a free in-home assessment to discuss service options that can fit into any budget!
- Note: We are not a Medicaid or Medicare agency, and do not accept reimbursement from those programs.
(6) Companion & Homemaking Assistance
Patients with such physical limitations may need homemaking assistance that is not covered by Medicare home health or hospice services:
- Light housekeeping, laundry, taking out trash
- Meal planning, grocery shopping, cooking
- Errands, shopping
- Activities, socialization, pet care, etc.
To refer a patient to CareTeam for services, please call our office anytime, or submit the information via our secure web portal. Just click the “Request More Info” link to the right!