Hospital Discharge Planners
The Aging of America…
- In 2011, more than 8,000 Americans will turn 65 every day. By the end of that year, the senior population of America will reach almost 49 million.
- The U.S. Census Bureau projects that the population age 85 and older could grow from 5.3 million in 2006 to nearly 21 million by 2050.
How we can help you…
As a preferred provider of in-home care services for over 40 years, CareTeam ensures that your patient’s needs are met quickly and accurately. CareTeam’s staff can be there to help them adjust after a hospital stay and to keep them home – safe, healthy and independent!
How we can help your clients…
Once a patient gets discharge orders to go home again from a hospital stay, a patient’s lifestyle can be drastically different. Whether they could use a little extra help around the house, or need full-service medical care, CareTeam can make the transition from hospital to home as smooth and comfortable as possible. CareTeam provides any and all necessary home and personal services, so that your clients can enjoy safe everyday living in their own homes. They can remain in control of their own schedule and quality of life!
(1) Reduce Repeat Hospitalizations
- Help keep your discharged patients safely at home, eliminating the risk of a repeat hospitalization!
- Having someone else in the home with an elderly patient has proven to help decrease falls and other injuries that may occur if they were left alone. With CareTeam’s Fall Prevention Program, we’ll be there as an added safeguard to keep them safe and comfortable, and minimize in-home accidents.
(2) Security for the Client, Peace of Mind for the Family
CareTeam can be in the home at any scheduled time, even when you cannot be. This ensures peace of mind to family members that their loved one will never be left alone.
- Services can be scheduled from as little as 4 hour shifts to 24/7 care
- Medication setup and reminders
- Hospital sitting available, particularly for family respite
- We will never overstep our boundaries as a healthcare provider; we will work with other agencies’ staff to ensure we are providing service that complements, not competes with, the overall needs of the patient.
(3) Highly-Skilled and Carefully Selected Caregivers
CareTeam takes the caregiver hiring process very seriously. Because we use certified caregivers, you can trust that you will receive accurate reporting regarding patient status or changes!
- Diligent Screening – We perform extensive interviews, reference checks, state licensing checks, criminal history checks, licensing checks, and misconduct registry checks to ensure that our clients receive the highest quality of care and service.
- Employee Injury Benefit Plan – Our employees are covered by CareTeam’s Employee Injury Benefit Plan. We are insured and bonded, and we assume all of the risk of a caregiver injury in the home.
(4) YES Your Patients Can Afford Our Services!
- As a licensed home care provider, our services are often covered by a patient’s health or long-term care insurance, VA benefits, and other payor sources. (Click here for more details.)
- Often a family member will be paying for our services, and for the simple peace of mind that their love one is being cared for, our fees are quite affordable.
- We work with the client to create a schedule that balances their needs with their budget. CareTeam provides a free in-home consultation to discuss with potential clietns and their family how our service can fit into any budget!
- Note: We are not a Medicaid or Medicare agency, and do not accept reimbursement from those programs.
(6) Companion & Homemaking Assistance
Patients with physical limitations may need in-home assistance that is not covered by Medicare home health or hospice services. We can provide homemaking assistance on the patient’s schedule, including:
- Light housekeeping, laundry, taking out trash
- Meal planning, grocery shopping, cooking
- Errands, shopping
- Activities, socialization, pet care, etc.
To refer a client to CareTeam for services, please call our office anytime, or submit the information via our secure web portal. Just click the “Request More Info” link to the right!