Companions and Homemakers
CareTeam is not just about healthcare. We also have a great staff of companions and homemakers who are available to help with household chores. To give you a better idea of what our Companionship and Assistance (“Homemaking”) services include, here is a little more detail:
Companion services are designed to help those individuals who need or want watchful oversight, companionship, transportation, or accompaniment to events and appointments. Companion services may include:
- Assistance in preparing for outings
- Transportation and/or accompaniment to medical, dental, social, or business appointments
- Transportation or accompaniment to church functions
- Visits with friends and neighbors
- Accompaniment to a movie, restaurant, or shopping
- Letter writing
- Game/card playing
- General conversation and companionship
Homemaking services include tasks necessary for the upkeep and cleanliness of the home. These tasks include:
- Meal Planning – planning and preparation, grocery shopping, monitoring diet and food intake, preparing future meals, and cleanup
- Errands – picking up prescriptions, gathering the mail, general shopping, etc.
- Pet Care – walking, feeding, and basic grooming
- Light housekeeping – assistance with laundry, changing linens, taking out trash, dusting, vacuuming, sweep/mopping, caring for houseplants, general cleaning.
- Bill Pay – assistance with paying bills
Keep in mind, you can mix and match services to create the perfect schedule for you or your loved one! Homemaking services can be combined with other CareTeam services, such as companionship, personal care, medication reminders, and skilled nursing services.